One of the most popular ways of getting an Iran Tourist Visa is through Visa on Arrival (VOA) or Iran Airport Visa. It should be mentioned that most travelers prefer to apply for Iran Authorization Code online and pick up their Visa at the Airports (instead of applying for a visa on their Arrival).
Passport holders of every nationality except for the nationalities mentioned below can get a 14 to 30-day tourist Visa upon their arrival at one of the International Iran airports. If you are a citizen of UK, USA, Canada, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Somalia you cannot apply for Visa on Arrival. In this case, you need to apply for the Iran Tourist Visa in Advance. Also, if you are a citizen of Visa Free Entry countries, you do not need to apply for an Iran Visa at all. In this article, we have gathered all the information you will be needing for applying or picking up an Iran Visa on Arrival.
Is applying for an Iran Visa on Arrival risky?
There is a slight chance of getting your Visa request rejected at the last moment in the airport. To avoid this problem, you can apply for your Visa Authorization Code online through an agency or permitted website like Travelopersia. With the copy of your Visa Authorization Code and other required documents, you can pick up your Iran Visa at the airport. Aside from this you cannot obtain Visa on Arrival if you:
- are a citizen of UK, USA, Canada, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Somalia
- have a Diplomatic passport, official passport, and any type of passport aside from a tourist passport
- have an Israel Visa or if you have Entered/Exited Israel via Jordan or Egypt
- have been rejected before for obtaining an Iran Visa
- are a journalist or reporter
In these cases you need to apply for an Iran Visa in Advance. For more information you can check out our blog’s post about Iran Visa.
Where can I get my Iran Visa on Arrival?
Currently you cannot get your Iran Visa at Iran Land Borders. You can apply for an Iran Visa upon your arrival at Iran International Airports and ports listed below. Also, if you want to avoid any risks you can pick up your Iran Visa with the Authorization Code that you have got in advance.
- Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport ( IKIA)
- Tehran Mehrabad International Airport (THR)
- Mashhad Shahid Hashemi Nejad International Airport( MHD)
- Shiraz Shahid Dastgheyb International Airport (SYZ)
- Isfahan Shahid Beheshti International Airport (IFN)
- Tabriz Shahid Madani International Airport (TBZ)
- Kish International Airport(KIH)
- Ahwaz International Airport(AWZ)
- Bandar Abbas International Airport(BND)
- Qeshm International Airport(GSM)
- Kerman Hashemi Rafsanjani International Airport(KER)
- Bandar Abbas (Shahid Bahonar) Port
How can I get my Iran Visa on Arrival?
Once you have arrived at the airport, there is a Visa section located at the main hall where you can get the necessary forms and apply for Iran tourist Visa. You are required to submit the documents and forms to the officer in duty on that particular day to process the visa. The officer will go through your application and you might even be asked a few questions. If your request is accepted, you will have to join the queue to make payment for the visa fees. After you have passed all these steps you can then get your Iran Visa.
To avoid waiting in line and having to answer extra questions or a possible rejection, we advise you to get your Iran Authorization Code Online through Travelopersia. With a copy of the code and handing in the required documents, you can get your Iran Visa and start your Iran trip.
The required documents for getting an Iran Visa on Arrival:
If you have already got your Iran Authorization Code in advance, you only need to hand in the following documents:
- A copy of Iran Visa Authorization Code ( that you have already applied for and received online)
- The Final completed Visa form
- Passport and a copy of it with at least 6 months validity
- Identity photos in passport size
- Valid Travel Insurance (The insurance policy should indicate as “worldwide coverage” OR you may also choose to apply for ground insurance from Travelopersia)
- The Required Visa Stamp Fee
If you want to apply for an Iran Visa right in the airport you need to hand in these additional documents:
- A confirmed return ticket within 30 days of entry
- Hotel reservation voucher
- A print of your Trip Itinerary
On top of this you need to answer a few questions about your travel purpose. You might also be asked if you have an invitation letter or not. Keep in mind that in this case the visa officer decides which documents should be submitted.
How much is Iran Visa Stamp Fee?
Iran Stamp Fee is announced by Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Accordingly, the Fees are updated regularly by this ministry. Different nationalities have to pay a different fee for obtaining their Iran Visa at the Airport.
More on Iran Visa on Arrival
Once your Iran Visa has been issued, it will be valid for 14 to 30 days. If you are planning to extend your stay in Iran you can extend your Iran Visa once and for another 14 days. You can start the process by handing in some document at one of the Iran Foreign Affairs Offices in major cities of Iran. Keep in mind that you can extend your Iran Visa much easier and for more days if you have obtained it in advance and from an Iran Embassy. More information about Iran Visa Extension.