All around the world, there are online apps that provide a variety of transportation for their users. With a few clicks you can easily have food delivery, package delivery, couriers, and other transportations. Moreover, instead of going to Taxi stations, you can use these online Taxi Apps to get around. Now the question is that is there any Online Taxi Apps like Uber in Iran? In this post, we will be talking about Iranian versions of Uber and their services.
Snapp and Tapsi, the Online Local Transport Apps in Iran
Currently, there are two main startups in Iran that provide online apps for transportation around several cities in Iran. Namely, these two companies are Snapp and Tapsi. These two network transportation systems share some similar features. Yet, they keep trying to thrive more with providing more and better services. Below, we will take a closer look at these two applications and their features. You can find the information about how to download and use each app in our further Blog posts.
Snapp is the first Online Taxi platform in Iran. Eyad Alkassar and Mahmoud Fouz founded this data-based corporation in 2014 in Tehran. Four years later it became one of the most successful online applications in Iran. Snapp gained the trust of its users by hiring drivers after a complete background check. Now let us take a look at Snapp’s latest services.
Main Services of Snapp
- Snapp Eco. You can use Snapp Eco for a private and budget ride around the city. After choosing your pick up and drop off point on the map, the app estimates the fee. You can then request for a ride and choose to pay online or in cash. There are also other features such as choosing a second destination, entering a coupon code, and more. For more information, you can check out our post for How to Use Snapp.
- Snapp Bike for getting around on a Motor Bike which can be faster during traffic hours.
- Snapp Box which you can use for delivering different kinds of packages around the city.
- Snapp Travel for booking hotels, flights, intercity bus services, or train tickets.
- Snapp Food for food delivery from many restaurants and café around your area.
- Snapp Supermarket for buying groceries.
- Snapp Doctor where you can consult with doctors online.
These are the main services of Snapp that locals use on a daily basis. Once in a while, this company comes up with new updates and services. Now, if you are interested to use Snapp you can check out How to download and Use Snapp.
Tapsi is another Online Taxi Platform in Iran. This application was launched a few months after Snapp. The developers of Tapsi are trying to thrive side by side with Snapp. After a few months, Tapsi also became one of the most popular and safe online Taxi applications in Iran. The locals use this application and Snapp to compare the prices before requesting for a ride. Interestingly, these two applications, to a great extent, share the same drivers.
Main Services of Tapsi
- Tapsi Classic for requesting a Private Ride around the city. Just like Snapp, after choosing your pick up and drop off point on the map, the app estimates the price. You can then request for a ride and choose to pay online or in cash. There are also other features such as choosing a second destination and more. For more information, you can check out our post on How to Use Tapsi.
- Tapsi Line that gives you the option to share your ride with another passenger for a budget ride.
- Tapsi Peyk for Delivering packages around the city.
- Telephone Tapsi for calling Tapsi for a ride instead of using the online App.
If you are interested to use Tapsi you can check out How to download and Use Tapsi. Aside from these two major apps, there are other Online Taxi Apps that are growing every day. All these apps are trying to make it easier to get a ride when you need one.